Financial Resources For Women’s History Month
Join us as we celebrate Women’s History Month. Explore our personal recommendations for featured organizations, financial content, and more below.
What better way to celebrate Women’s History Month than by considering women’s financial well-being? Though many women are increasingly independent, they’re also often supporting both themselves and other family members. General financial planning often ignores gender-specific issues that continue to challenge long-term financial security for women. Here’s Betterment’s guide to help you navigate the month.
Meet Women+ of Betterment
The Women+ of Betterment ERSG works to improve the company by partnering across the organization to amplify the voices of and advance equity for all women+, however you identify. We work alongside ERSGs of Betterment to ensure proposed solutions are intersectional. We provide women+ opportunities to strengthen relationships, lead, and broaden their network.
Organizations We’re Supporting
Here's a list of organizations you can donate to today who are working to address social and economic gaps for women:
- Bottomless Closet - Helps women in New York prepare for job interviews and sets them up for success in their careers.
- Moms Helping Moms - Supports hundreds of thousands of individuals in New Jersey by providing them with essential items for their children and families.
- Days for Girls - Provides women and girls with reusable menstrual products, health education programs, and training classes.
- Trans Lifeline - Offers direct emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis – for the trans community, by the trans community.
- Ladies Who Launch - Facilitates the connections needed to support female entrepreneurs as they follow their passions and launch their businesses.
Organizations Supporting Women On Betterment’s Platform
Through our Charitable Giving feature, customers can donate shares held for longer than one year to any organization we partner with. Below are three charities working to improve women’s lives:
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation - Fund the best ideas in breast cancer research.
- Hour Children - Reunify families impacted by incarceration.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America - Provide a safe space for kids and teens during out-of-school time.
Invest in gender equity with our Social Impact portfolio
If you’re passionate about issues like gender and racial equity and want to support companies who demonstrate a commitment to gender diversity within senior leadership, you can invest your money in Betterment’s Social Impact portfolio.
There are also two other Socially Responsible Investing portfolios that may align with your values: the Broad Impact portfolio and Climate Impact portfolio.