Compare this plan to the possible fees on your current checking or savings account.
$0 minimum balance
- No-fee‡ Checking account and Visa® debit card
- ATM fees reimbursed worldwide
- FDIC-insured up to $250K
Checking accounts and the Betterment Visa Debit Card provided and issued by nbkc bank, Member FDIC. Checking made available through Betterment Financial LLC. Neither Betterment Financial LLC, nor any of their affiliates, is a bank. Learn more
- Cash account earning a variable 0.75%*
- Bucket money for individual goals and plans
- FDIC-insured up to $1M† with our program banks
Cash Reserve is only available to clients of Betterment LLC, which is not a bank, and cash transfers to program banks are conducted through the clients' brokerage accounts at Betterment Securities. For Cash Reserve ("CR"), Betterment LLC only receives compensation from our program banks; Betterment LLC and Betterment Securities do not charge fees on your CR balance. Learn more
Advice and planning tools
- Financial goal-setting and advice tools
- Retirement planning tools
- Feedback on accounts you hold at other institutions
Advisory services provided by Betterment LLC, a registered investment advisor. If a customer wishes to fund an investment goal and use Betterment's advisory services beyond advice and planning tools, the customer's investment account will be charged a .25% annual fee, under the Digital plan (see Digital investing).