As a Michigan resident, if you want to convert or withdraw from your IRA, the State of Michigan requires you to fill out Form MI W4P. You must check Box 1 to state that you opt out of state tax withholding.  Return the form to us at If you download the free Adobe Reader, you can fill it out and sign it electronically (and easily).