If you’d like to convert your SEP IRA to a Roth IRA, we can help you with that, although there are a few additional steps involved.
- First, we will assist you with rolling your SEP IRA contributions into a Traditional IRA. Note that the rollover doesn’t change the type of the contributions you made, it just changes the account they are housed within. To roll your SEP IRA funds into a Traditional IRA, please email us with your request and we will complete the rollover from our end. There is no paperwork required.
- Once the funds are in your Traditional IRA, you’ll be able to request the conversion online.
- Log in to your account on a web browser.
- Click on Settings in the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click the Accounts tab at the top of the page.
- Find your Traditional IRA and click the 3 dots that appear off to the right.
- Choose the option that says “Convert IRA to Roth.”
- You’ll have the option to convert either a partial amount or the full amount.