How do I update my legal name?

You can update your display name as well as begin the process to update your legal name from the Settings page of your account on a web browser. Click “Edit” beside the name you wish to change to begin the process.

In order for us to process your legal name change, you will need to upload clear color copies of two forms of proof of the change (an updated ID and legal documentation) via the secure link we provide you. We currently accept any of the following valid IDs:

  • US state-issued driver's license
  • US passport
  • US state ID card
  • US military ID card (front and back)
  • US issued Visa
  • US permanent residence card (green card)

Please note that we are unable to accept temporary IDs.

Accepted legal documents may include:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Name change document
  • Divorce Decree (specifically the page that indicates the name change)

Once you upload the documents, you should receive a confirmation email from us. If you do not receive that email shortly after submitting the documents, please click “Edit” on your Settings page and try to submit them again. 

Once we have reviewed the documents and made the update, typically within 2-3 business days, we will email you confirmation of the change.