- Log in to your Betterment account.
- Select Transfer or Rollover in the top right corner of the page.
- Choose Withdraw and select an account. You will select your Traditional IRA (or SEP, Traditional inherited IRA, or Roth inherited IRA).
- Select that this is a one-time withdrawal.
- Select normal distribution as the distribution type.
- You will be asked to enter the amount you want to withdraw. At this point you want to be sure to enter your total RMD amount.
- Finally, you will be asked to select Federal tax withholdings. Please consult with your tax advisor if you do not know how much you want us to withhold. Will we calculate the net amount you can expect to receive in your bank account.
- Click to confirm your withdrawal.
- We’ll deposit the funds into your linked bank account, usually within 4-5 business days.
If you have a Betterment for Business 401(k), please contact your employer for instructions on how to take your RMD.