Terms of Service
Betterment Financial, LLC (“Betterment”) uses the DOSH Holdings, Inc. (“DOSH,” “our,” “we”) cash-back platform to manage the Betterment cash back rewards Powered by DOSH® program (the “Program”). DOSH is a third party that is not affiliated with nbkc bank (“nbkc”) or Betterment. By participating in the Program, you agree that DOSH may create a wallet for you on its platform in order for you to earn and redeem rewards based on qualifying transactions with participating merchants (the “Services”). These Betterment Cash Back Rewards Powered by DOSH Terms of Service (the “DOSH Terms”) govern your use of the DOSH platform. You may opt out of this Program at any time by emailing Betterment customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Your acceptance of these Betterment Cash Back Rewards Powered by Dosh Terms of Service
2. The Services
- ATM transactions;
- In-store cash withdrawals or cash back;
- Any transactions identified by a merchant as not being eligible to receive rewards;
Upon the closure of your Betterment Checking Account or Betterment Visa® Debit Card, rewards on any transactions that are unsettled or unpaid shall be cancelled. All offers made available to you are temporary and may become unavailable without notice.
Without limiting any of the other terms of these DOSH Terms, if you return, charge back, cancel, dispute, or otherwise request a refund for a qualifying purchase for which you have already received rewards, we reserve the right to remove any rewards from the Betterment Checking Account linked to your eligible Betterment Visa Debit Card (your “cash back rewards Account”) or withhold future cash back rewards Powered by DOSH to offset any such amount.
Any cash back rewards that you earn will be transferred to your cash back rewards Account. You are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy and completeness of any rewards transferred to your cash back rewards Account. All rewards received are exclusive of any applicable withholding, sales, use, excise, value added, or other taxes. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for determining, paying, withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties, and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services. We are not responsible for determining whether you owe taxes in connection with your access to or use of the Services or for collecting, reporting, or remitting taxes arising from your access to or use of the Services, except for our own income taxes.
In addition to your other representations and warranties in these DOSH Terms, you represent and warrant that you will not access or use the Services to engage in any illegal, fraudulent, or other illicit activity.
3. Ownership and Property Rights in the Services
You acknowledge and agree that the Services are protected by applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. All words and logos displayed in connection with the Services that are marked by the ™ or ® symbols are trademarks and service marks of DOSH and/or their respective owners. The display of a third-party trademark in connection with the Services does not mean that we have any relationship with that third party or that such third party endorses the Services or DOSH.
These DOSH Terms and any rights hereunder may not be transferred or assigned by you without our prior written consent but may be assigned by us without restriction and without your prior consent. Any attempted transfer or assignment by you without our prior written consent will be null and void. No agency, joint venture, partnership, trust, or employment relationship is created between you and us by way of these DOSH Terms.
2. Protecting children's privacy
The Services are not directed, or intended to be attractive, to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use the Services or submit any information to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
3. Types of information we collect and how we collect it
4. How we use and share information
- to confirm a qualifying purchase for the purpose of matching transactions to confirm whether you qualify for an offer or statement credit;
- to create a record of the transaction information and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with the Services;
- to conduct analysis for the improvement and optimization of the Services to improve the user experience by using IP addresses to determine user location to inform participating merchants where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred or points rewards should be awarded;
- to provide participating merchants aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to payment method activity solely to allow participating merchants to assess the results of their campaign;
- to provide information in order to respond to a request from a government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a merchant; and
- to enable the sharing, exchange and use of transaction information described above and herein by and among us, the payment networks, applicable third-party service providers and applicable merchants.