Why We Love Making Betterment in NYC
Last week we posted a video from New York Tech Meetup on why startups love creating their wares in NYC. Many (so many!) of the ideas coming out of startups are fun, creative, innovative -- it’s New York in a nutshell. I took a quick survey of the team to see what excites them most about this city.
Here’s our take on what it means to make Betterment in New York:
- The food! Hands down the most popular response.
- The pool of talent: Software engineer was ranked No. 1 on the Best Jobs of 2012 – and New York can’t get enough of them (PS we’re hiring).
- We are surrounded by innovation: in this building alone there are dozens of startups and inspirational brands.
- The challenge: with such diversity of people and ideas, we’re constantly being challenged to learn something new, or think about things in a different way.
- Don’t put me in a box! Yeah we might have worked in and studied the fields of business, finance, law, or media, but we’re also real people damnit! New York is the only place we can get the best of all worlds – in career and personal life.
- The creativity: Where else do you see a performance artist making a massive salad?
- Everyday inspiration: Excellence above all else – from shop windows, to protests and politics, to art, food, innovation, and entertainment.
- Cool facts: Our Mayor is a science geek.
- The revolution: We’re leading the rebellion against the broken systems of Wall Street – mere blocks away from its HQ.
- The microcosm: Nerds and fashionistas co-exist and — *gasp* — collaborate in our hood.
On Hold? We’re Here. Promise.
Read the open letter from our CEO to learn how Betterment is addressing the increased servicing demands of a growing customer base.
Betterment Office Hours: April 8, 2020
Watch the video from our first Advice and Investing Office Hours and get answers to questions that customers just like you asked our team.
Our SRI Portfolio Just Got Even Better
The proportion of socially responsible funds used in our SRI portfolio is growing.
Explore your first goal
Our high-yield account built to help you earn more on every dollar you save.
This is a great place to start—an emergency fund for life's unplanned hiccups. A safety net is a conservative portfolio.
Whether it's a long way off or just around the corner, we'll help you save for the retirement you deserve.
If you want to invest and build wealth over time, then this is the goal for you. This is an excellent goal type for unknown future needs or money you plan to pass to future generations.