The Slow Money Movement
Let’s take a moment to praise the slow cooker.
The humble slow cooker cuts down your time in the kitchen, it makes use of budget friendly ingredients, and reduces fuss and mess. It’s convenient, without the evils of convenience food.
We’re food lovers here. We’re also technology lovers (duh). So the slow cooker really tickles our fancy.
Slow cookers assist a fast paced life, while allowing you to live by the principles of the slow food movement: honesty, integrity, simplicity, and transparency.
It’s kind of like Betterment for food:
- There’s some initial prep work involved, but then you’re free to go and do other things –like write to-do lists, draft replies to those unanswered emails, ask Woody Harrelson anything on reddit, or look at this cute picture.
- Select the right mix of ingredients. Then let it marinate. No monitoring, no interfering, and as a general rule: the longer the better.
- Time is the magic ingredient. It is not possible to achieve the complexities and depth of flavor from other cooking methods. The same goes for investment returns – we all know the one where the 40-year old investor needs to invest twice as much to get the same returns as her peer who started investing at 30. Time, my friend, time.
- But… sometimes you can’t help but sneak a bite of bubbling hot goodness. Hey, it’s yours. If you want access to your pot of gold you can always lift the lid – just beware that hasty decisions can burn you.
- The best thing? With almost no effort, you can cook like a five star chef.
Manage Your Cash the Modern Way With Two-Way Sweep
Manage your cash the modern way—effortlessly. Try out Two-Way Sweep, our latest in cash management technology.
Betterment Everyday™ Checking FAQ
We are releasing access to Betterment Everyday™ Checking over time, rather than all at once. If you are on the waitlist, we will notify you via email when your spot opens up.
How We Use Your Dividends To Keep Your Tax Bill Low
Every penny that comes into your account is used to rebalance dynamically—and in a tax-savvy way.
Explore your first goal
Our high-yield account built to help you earn more on every dollar you save.
This is a great place to start—an emergency fund for life's unplanned hiccups. A safety net is a conservative portfolio.
Whether it's a long way off or just around the corner, we'll help you save for the retirement you deserve.
If you want to invest and build wealth over time, then this is the goal for you. This is an excellent goal type for unknown future needs or money you plan to pass to future generations.