The humble slow cooker cuts down your time in the kitchen, it makes use of budget friendly ingredients, and reduces fuss and mess. It’s convenient, without the evils of convenience food.
We’re food lovers here. We’re also technology lovers (duh). So the slow cooker really tickles our fancy.
Slow cookers assist a fast paced life, while allowing you to live by the principles of the slow food movement: honesty, integrity, simplicity, and transparency.
It’s kind of like Betterment for food:
- There’s some initial prep work involved, but then you’re free to go and do other things –like write to-do lists, draft replies to those unanswered emails, ask Woody Harrelson anything on reddit, or look at this cute picture.
- Select the right mix of ingredients. Then let it marinate. No monitoring, no interfering, and as a general rule: the longer the better.
- Time is the magic ingredient. It is not possible to achieve the complexities and depth of flavor from other cooking methods. The same goes for investment returns – we all know the one where the 40-year old investor needs to invest twice as much to get the same returns as her peer who started investing at 30. Time, my friend, time.
- But… sometimes you can’t help but sneak a bite of bubbling hot goodness. Hey, it’s yours. If you want access to your pot of gold you can always lift the lid – just beware that hasty decisions can burn you.
- The best thing? With almost no effort, you can cook like a five star chef.
Here’s How Betterment Women Are Shaping the Future of Finance
Twelve women across eleven different departments came together to talk about why they’ve chosen careers in fintech.
What’s Inside the Betterment Portfolio Strategy?
Explore the asset classes in Betterment's recommended set of portfolios. Then, take a look at the exchange-traded funds (ETFs) underlying each part of the portfolio strategy.
Optimizing Performance in Lower Risk Betterment Portfolios
In this methodology, we provide insight into how we optimize the performance of the lower risk bonds in Betterment's portfolios, including Smart Saver.
How would you like to get started?
Your first step toward a smarter investing future starts here.
Create a Betterment account
Go ahead and join the smart, modern way to invest.
See what we can do for you
Tell us a bit about yourself, and we'll show you the benefits of investing with us.
Get a free investing checkup
Help us get a sense of your investing approach and see how you could improve.
Transfer a 401(k) or an IRA
Move an existing retirement account into a Betterment IRA.
Download the mobile app
Enjoy the Betterment experience anywhere on the go.