The humble slow cooker cuts down your time in the kitchen, it makes use of budget friendly ingredients, and reduces fuss and mess. It’s convenient, without the evils of convenience food.
We’re food lovers here. We’re also technology lovers (duh). So the slow cooker really tickles our fancy.
Slow cookers assist a fast paced life, while allowing you to live by the principles of the slow food movement: honesty, integrity, simplicity, and transparency.
It’s kind of like Betterment for food:
- There’s some initial prep work involved, but then you’re free to go and do other things –like write to-do lists, draft replies to those unanswered emails, ask Woody Harrelson anything on reddit, or look at this cute picture.
- Select the right mix of ingredients. Then let it marinate. No monitoring, no interfering, and as a general rule: the longer the better.
- Time is the magic ingredient. It is not possible to achieve the complexities and depth of flavor from other cooking methods. The same goes for investment returns – we all know the one where the 40-year old investor needs to invest twice as much to get the same returns as her peer who started investing at 30. Time, my friend, time.
- But… sometimes you can’t help but sneak a bite of bubbling hot goodness. Hey, it’s yours. If you want access to your pot of gold you can always lift the lid – just beware that hasty decisions can burn you.
- The best thing? With almost no effort, you can cook like a five star chef.
Investing’s Pain Gap: What You Put Up with To Earn Returns
Markets are frustrating—especially when you look at a year’s worth of returns. Year to year, you can easily experience what we call the pain gap. The key is to not let the pain gap create a behavior gap between your account and market performance.
What Are The Most Effective Auto-Deposit Settings?
Choosing the right deposit strategy is an important step towards helping you reach your goals. We recommend setting up your auto-deposits so that they occur right after each paycheck.
Cash Analysis Methodology
Betterment's cash analysis aims to provide smart feedback when we think you have extra cash that could be earning you more value if it were in a higher yield account.
Explore your first goal
This is a great place to start—an emergency fund for life's unplanned hiccups. A safety net is a conservative portfolio.
Whether it's a long way off or just around the corner, we'll help you save for the retirement you deserve.
If you want to invest and build wealth over time, then this is the goal for you. This is an excellent goal type for unknown future needs or money you plan to pass to future generations.