We received great feedback from our customers about our mobile apps, and support for a PIN login was one of our biggest feature requests. We listened closely, and are excited to get this new feature into your hands.
Follow these three easy steps to activate your PIN:
1. Download the latest update from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Log into your account with your Betterment username and password.
3. Set up your 4-digit PIN. You can manage and change your PIN from the navigation drawer in the app.
If you’re new to our mobile apps (they’re free), here’s what you can do with them:
- Check the balance and returns of your portfolio in real time.
- Deposit and withdraw money anywhere, any time.
- Manage your portfolio’s stock and bond allocation.
- Review your goals and account activity.
- Refer Betterment to your friends and family.
If you enjoy using Betterment please take a moment and let us know what you think of the new update. Happy downloading!
Our free 5‑minute investment review helps you get a sense of what you're doing well and where you could improve.
Start your review
With Betterment, you get personalized advice, low and transparent fees, and unlimited access to licensed experts.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.