Free for 90 days: Sign up now and get 90 days managed free after your first deposit. See offer details


How To Pay The Government Less Money Legally

Betterment Head of Tax Eric Bronnenkant confirms that there is no “one size fits all” answer to whether you should prepare your own return or hire a pro. “I think it depends on the nature and the complexity. If you missed a child tax credit, I would argue that’s on the simpler side of the potential errors to be fixing, but there are some that are definitely more complex that you may need additional assistance on. Let’s say you didn’t handle your stock options correctly; that’s something that I would argue that you would be more likely to need some assistance with than the child tax credits.”

Read the Original Article

This article originally published March 1st, 2018 on MoneyTips