The most efficient rollovers in the investment management industry.
- Rolling over to a Betterment IRA involves almost no paperwork and allows customers to be invested in as little as two days.
- Instead of an overwhelming, time-consuming process, Betterment takes steps to ensure your money is put to work in an optimized portfolio as soon as possible.
- Betterment offers both traditional and Roth IRAs to provide flexibility for all of your tax-advantaged accounts.
By leaving assets dormant in an old 401(K) plan, you put up unnecessary roadblocks in your retirement plan:
- Administrative fees may now be your burden to pay.
- Investments are limited to what your former employer has chosen for the plan.
- Your target asset allocation is more difficult to manage when you have assets in a vehicle you are no longer able to contribute to.
Why should you roll over to a Betterment IRA?
Betterment portfolios provide optimized returns at every level of risk. Regardless of where you find yourself on the journey to retirement, a portfolio customized by Betterment will keep your assets operating at their highest long-term potential.
It's free to roll over 401(K) assets or an IRA* to Betterment. Betterment has no trading costs, and portfolios are comprised of cost-efficient index funds. Our investment management fee is the lowest of any online investment advisor.
Dedicated Customer Service
Betterment provides a rollover concierge to each customer rolling over retirement assets. In addition, Betterment Support is available to speak with your current 401(K) or IRA provider to make sure the transition of assets is completed smoothly.
What can you do with your Betterment IRA?
Contribute up to $5,500 of income for the 2013 tax year. The sooner you max out your contributions, the more time your money has to grow.
Put your retirement planning on autopilot. Betterment provides convenient automatic deposits to your IRA to ensure you contribute the maximum amount for 2014.
Manage investments in one place. Betterment's delightful-to-use dashboard provides a holistic view of your assets, ensuring risk levels are appropriate for each of your financial goals.
*While Betterment does not charge for making a rollover, your 401k plan provider might asses a rollover fee. Please consult with your plan provider. Betterment's fee of 0.15% for management of accounts over $100,000 was determined to be the lowest of any online-only registered investment advisor.
Determination of most trusted online financial advisor reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of having the most customers in the industry, made in reliance on customer counts, self-reported pursuant to SEC rules, across all online-only registered investment advisors.